First of all I’d like to thank Myra at Busy Hands Quilts for featuring me on her “Finished or Not Fridays” last week. It was truly an honor in my quilting and blogging journey.
Last week I worked on my “Stained Glass Quilt” back. I had some extra ombre fabrics in which I really enjoyed. Many have agreed with me. I wanted to use what I could in this quilt so I was able to extend the front to the back. I used whole WIF and added a small border of black. This really showed off the graduation of the colors of the fabric. Here’s is what I ended up with. I apologize for the lighting, it was really dreary outside this weekend and I just couldn’t get it right. I’ll try again once the sun comes out.
Goals for last week results:
- Continue on my disappearing hour-glass blocks. I haven’t blogged on this yet but will soon. I’m doing another Jenny Doan Tutorial. – I’ve put a few half Square triangles together. I’ll have to show you later.
- Work on the backing for my Stained Glass Quilt. – ” COMPLETED”
- Start my Regatta Quilt. – I opened up the jelly roll, but that’s as far as I got.
- Practice some quilting designs for Stained Glass Quilt. – I didn’t get this done yet. I just continued thinking about the design.
Goals for this week:
- Continue on my disappearing hour-glass blocks.
- Make my quilt club BOM.
- Cut my contrast strips for the Regatta QAL.
- Start quilting on my Stained Glass Quilt. I’ve got an idea in mind.
The linky parties I usually participate in can be found by clicking this link. Please visit them and see what others are up to. There are many bloggers out there who share their tips, projects, and tutorials to help us.
That’s all for now. Thanks for stopping by.