I’m joining in the #2018 Planning Party with Yvonne@ Quilting JetGirl to notate some items I’d like to focus on in 2018.
I’ve been on my blogging and quilting journey for 7 months now and I still have a long way to go. I’ve made a few friends along the way who have given their support and encouragement. I don’t know what I would do without all your helpful hints and tips. This community I have found is certainly gracious and I appreciate you all.
I have been thinking of things I’d like to accomplish in 2018. I will break them up into 3 categories: Quilting, Blogging, Personal.
- Finish my For the Love of Geese quilt. It is coming along just fine. I almost have the top done and should be taking off the papers shortly. I’ve been working to complete it for a while, however, I’ve taken some time off these last weeks from sewing to focus on the Holiday and Family.
- Finish my Stack n Flip quilt. I’ve got it all sandwiched up and started quilting it. I’d like to try some ruler work on it. I’ve put it on hold for a while to finish number one on the list.
- I also have the fabric purchased for a Grandma’s Window quilt. I haven’t started it yet but hope to soon.
- The last one I have been thinking of is for a layer cake I purchased earlier this year at a shop hop. I haven’t decided on a pattern, but I’ve been looking around on pinterest and blogs. I’m leaning to a disappearing 4 patch in which the contrasting colors will be in the 4 main colors on the fabrics shown.
Quilting Technique Goals
I’d like to get some more practice in doing FMQ. I saw someone’s blog the other week ago and she did some very simple designs. I think I will try to start easier next time. Maybe I’ll be more satisfied with my work. This is the one I worked on this year. I’m notorious at jumping right in and learning the hard way.
- Try out my new Westalee Ruler Foot I purchased at the Houston Quilt Festival. Hopefully I will soon on #2 above. I’ve been itching to do so. I’m thinking of doing some circles in the colored strips. One of the ruler’s I have is a 2 inch circle. It shouldn’t be that hard. Notice the jumping right in comment from earlier.
- I want to try some applique also this year. I haven’t done any yet but it sure looks fun. I don’t know really where to start but I’m not afraid.
- Have an interesting blog. I don’t think I want to go for quantity. I believe I will focus on quality. Finding more subjects and getting into a groove. I like how some of my blogging friends focus on certain subjects each day. I don’t think I could find enough subjects and time to write more than 3 times a week.
- Take better pictures. I might finally invest in an updated camera this year. I just need to do some more research. I don’t take very good pictures to start with and I don’t think it’s really the cameras fault. It’s more likely operator error.
- Make more blogging friends and participate in their QAL’s and such.
- I want to find time to pay it forward. I have been blessed with what I have. It’s certainly not a lot, but it is enough.
- Help others in need. I get so caught up in my own responsibilities that I have a hard time finding time for others.
- I’d like to get involved with my parish’s Relay for Life. My good friend is the chairman, but then again, I have a hard time committing to give out my time.
I am hopeful everyone had a great Holiday season and looking forward to the New Year. Hope to hear from you soon. Well, that’s all for now. Thanks for stopping by.