Last time I mentioned that I was getting a little tired of making geese blocks. I was thinking I should work on something else for a while and then come back to them when refreshed. However, I didn’t have many left to do and my compulsion to finish won. So in my free time during the holiday weekend, I burned needle on them. That is my synonym for screeching tires on a car. LOL. Probably corny, but what the hay.
I finished the geese block strips and added the sky background blocks and they seem to have come together pretty good. I was concerned that it would be hard to match them up. But no, it was very easy. I just had to remove myself to the pattern picture that lists all the placement references and there I was. The pattern instructed me to stop after I assembled them into eight pieces, and there you have it.
So now it’s on to the medallion center, below are my fabric choices and pictures of the paper pieces. I’ve cut out some strips of fabric. The pattern instructs that there will be more waste with these blocks. Yes, I am finding that to be true. They are a little more difficult to piece also. I messed up on my first attempts on these blocks but have seemed to have the hang of it now.
I’ll show off some of the medallion blocks next time.
The linky parties I usually participate in can be found by clicking this link. Please visit them and see what others are up to. There are many bloggers out there who share their tips, projects, and tutorials to help us through ours. This week I’m also linking up my finished geese to One Monthly Goal.
Thanks for stopping by.