I tried one of the blocks on some scrap to get the feel of it. It was easy to do. No major mistakes. I believe that once I do a few of them I should have it down.
Then I gave it a try on my actual quilt fabric and here are the results so far on the large geese.
I was a bit intimidated at first to paper piecing on such a large project but it doesn’t seem so difficult. Denise recommends that I use some school glue to keep them down, but I’m afraid that the paper will stick and I won’t be able to get it off or it will leave a stiffness. I’m told that it launders off and is very safe. I guess I should try before I get too far. I can see that I need it for the top triangles as they tend to not stay down.
I hope once I finish all the blocks they go together as easy as they are now. We will have to see.
I’m linking to:
Thanks for stopping by,