I hope everyone is doing well. I’ve finally finished quilting the arrow blocks on my quilt.
I’m still having tension issues on my machine, but for the assorted color blocks I went with the same color in the top and bobbin so it is not noticeable. I’m not having eyelashes just dots showing. A friend recommended I try a different brand of thread to solve the problem and I will give that a go. I’ve seen so many recommend the Aurifil thread, but unfortunately I cannot find it locally. I will have to order some online. I’ll order white and black and then I’ll be able to see what is going on. I believe it is in the bobbin and I am afraid to adjust the screw and make matters worse.
It wasn’t too long ago I had some snarling and brought my machine in and the tech fixed it by adjusting that. I do have 2 bobbin cases already so if I get courageous and mess it up I would still have the extra one. I bought the one that is supposed to be adjusted for quilting already but it didn’t help.
So this week I’ll be quilting diamonds in the star blocks. I wanted to get started yesterday but I had to rake grass in the yard. We had a really wet summer down here in Louisiana and couldn’t keep up with the grass cutting because my yard holds a lot of water. There was so much grass, we couldn’t even finish yesterday. I got pooped out and had to come in and cook dinner, or at least that’s what I told my husband and he was gracious enough to let us finish it later. Take a look at the piles we have already and we still have another tarp full to collect.
I’m linking this quilt up as One Monthly Goal October
Well, that’s all for now. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.